Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lifestyle Changes

   Today I woke up feeling optimistic if that is the correct term or word to use. Something was going on within my MIND, my HEART, and within my SOUL. I started thinking about were I was in my transition and where I should be. I am after all nearing one year on my Hormone Replacement Therapy. One year on what so many of us refer to the Magical Pills. 
   Many changes and effects have taken place. Some not as prominent as they should be. Although at the time I believed,said or wished otherwise. Some of these were due to the care I was receiving from my Doctor, or lack there of. But this blog isn't about blaming a doctor or even what changes are taking place in my body due to HRT. No, I am here to talk about the changes I made in my LIFE today. 
   After surfing Facebook for a time today I came to a conclusion. I had been looking at my own posts about this past week. What others had said on them, or even what others were posting themselves, and what I was commenting upon. I am not me yet. 
    I stood up from my computer and went and showered. My intention was to just put on some makeup, dress up, take a couple pictures, then take it all off and go for a walk. I have been known to do this on occasion, especially when I feel down and need to feel more like me. 
    However after tying my hair back and putting on a undershirt that would go well with the clothes I planed to wear. I noticed something strange in the mirror as I finished applying eye shadow. The features were smoother less angular; sure a facial shadow from just shaving was still apparent; but there was something feminine in the face staring back at me. 
   I went back to my room and waited for my hair to dry. I surfed Facebook a bit more and wrote in my story as well. Most importantly on my mind was what I had just seen in that mirror. Could I do this I kept thinking. 
   I had had conversations with a family member before. Talking about the when's I would do this or that. They always seemed to be down the road in the future. Even in my own mind. I realize now I didn't need to wait to be more developed or to loose more weight. I needed this now especially after recent events earlier in the week. 
   I went back in the bathroom and finished my makeup. I tried using as little foundation and such as possible. It worked. At least in my eyes. I refused to use my forms instead opting for a padded bra I had. I just wanted to appear as me with what I had to work with. It felt great! 
    Now I can tell you I did take a picture or two. After all one doesn't go through all that work for nothing. That and I have friends that would chase me down if I didn't. As I posted said pic and made it my profile picture on Facebook I started thinking some more. Why should this end here?
    I have clothes I am still wearing that no longer fit due to weight loss. I don't even want to wear them because they just aren't me! I WANT TO BE ME! I decided to gather them up and I will either take them to Deseret Industries or trash them. 
    I no longer want to hide. I can't hide, and I don't want the TEMPTATION around to hide. The clothes MUST GO! Besides a few T-shirts I do like of course. 
    My mother's reaction to all this was just that. It is at least something compared to her usual silence and indifference. I believe I even witnessed a reluctant acceptance in there. 
    My mind,heart, and soul are made up. I will continue on and go through with these and other discisons. I may not have many feminine clothes as yet. But I will make due with what I do have for now until I can get more. So now here I am indefinably Visibly Me Maxine Marie!

No comments: