Monday, May 21, 2012

*Girl Talk Included

   My Mother received a phone call from my Aunt yesterday inviting us up for Sunday dinner. What was more was the fact she wished to have us up more often once or twice a month. We both felt that was nice. We do not get out much and I find it nice to be around family even with the past I have had with many of them.
   My Uncle was the second in my Family to accept my transition. Someone other than my Grandmother was nice. It was just nice to know there was another. They may not show it but I know it has been hard for him and his family to understand what I am going through. However they have surprised me with they're politeness and hospitality. Especially my Aunt.
  Many of my family have been entrenched in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon). This Aunt being one of them. I have learned to respect that of late as I make my own peace with God. However they belonging to the Church makes their reactions to my Transition unpredictable and erratic. Frankly it down right scares me! Why you may ask? Because I do not want to loose any of them.
  Again I keep getting surprised by them. They're eldest boys my Twin cousins flat out said to me in their own ways. They wont cut me off. They wont stop talking to me. Most importantly they don't want to loose the person they grew up with. I practically cried for out of all my family these two people mattered above many.
  Back to yesterday's Sunday dinner we were all hanging about waiting for dinner to finish cooking and the eclipse to begin. I told my Aunt about how I looked in the mirror the other night and saw I had a waist. For the first time since I was five I had a waist! What hit me is what she asked me after I said that. She didn't even hesitate. She asked me if I had a dress to wear to show off that waist! I never expected to hear something like that from her! But I responded in turn and told her no not yet though I have a skirt.
  To be included in such casual Girl talk automatically without a second thought means a lot to me. It means somewhere in their minds I am a young woman. That gives me hope for the future that progress can be made in other areas as well and perhaps with other family members. I have a ways to go and more family to talk to but as Visibly Me Maxine Marie I shall go forth with my best foot forward!

No comments: