Sunday, May 6, 2012

Full-Time At Last!

  Yesterday. Yesterday was a Blast! I went shopping with my Mother. After we managed to get the Mother"s Day shopping done we hunted down clothing for my new wardrobe. At last a start on being full-time and a major release of much built up depression and tension.
  We started at Dressbarn in Draper were I found a nice skirt that was practically screaming at me from the rack. The clerk helped us find a nice top to go with it as well. I can't wait to wear and show it off! My Mother while at the counter said she needed some "Bling"; and since they were buy one get one half off I got a new pair of earrings as well; and I love them!
   As we left the store we both were very hungry. Carl's Jr became our next stop for a low carb Turkey Burger.  We are on a special diet but that burger was both delicious and satisfying as usual. As we ate my mother asked me now what, Torrids?
  Off to Fashionplace Mall we drove. I love the style of clothing at Torrids and whats more the clothes fit. When we arrived the clerks were once more immediately helpful as they were on my first visit there about a year ago. They get many Transgender customers and are always glad to help out and making you comfortable while in the store.
  I now have a good start on a wardrobe enough to be me and build on. I know it was hard for my Mother to do what she did yesterday. She has come a long way in a short time in regards to acceptance of my transition. However I now know she wishes to see me happy and move forward in the life I was meant to have wherever it may lead me. At last I am Visibly Me Maxine Marie!



 

2 comments:

Fay said...

I am so happy for you Maxine. Sorry I couldn't come shopping with the two of you, it sounded like a lot of fun. It is wonderful that you are so happy. That is all that should be said about it from anyone in the family. Randall agrees with me. All they should say is: "If you are happy then I am happy for you." I am anxious to see your new duds. Love you.

Hailey said...

Congratulations on such a huge step. I can't wait to read how quickly things will begin to go from here.